пятница, 9 февраля 2018 г.

Family. Topic for Conversation #9 / #18



My family

1. What do you appreciate most about your family?
There is a wise saying “Blood is thicker than water”. It means that our friends are unstable while our parents and relatives stay with us all our life. I think friends don’t understand us as much as our parents.
It's a great pleasure for me to talk about my family. I love my family very much and I owe much to my parents.
Let me introduce myself first. My name is Sasha. I am seventeen. I was born in May 2001 in Baranovichi, Brest region. Well, my family is not large. We are four^ my father, my father, my brother and me.
My father's name is Vasily Vasilievich, he is forty five. He is a businessman. He works a lot.
My mother's name is Olga Ivanovna. She is forty. She works as a teacher at a school based in Baranovichi. My mother is really fond of her work! She spends much time with her students.
My brother is four years my junior, and he is still a school student. He is keen on Maths. It's his favourite subject. But I sometimes think that my brother Peter is the noisiest person I've ever known.
There is one more member in our family. It is our cat named Tom. Everyone in our family loves Tom a lot.
When at school, I used to take an active part in my school's cultural life. My parents gave me good advice on how to perform at various events, including …. By the way, the team of our gymnasium was the best in the city not once. And my family were always watching me and sharing their impressions.
We have always had many things to discuss and share. We've got relatives in different parts of our country and abroad. Many letters and postcards come to our mailbox on the eve of holidays. By the way, holidays in our family are associated not only with a table set for company but some "grand cleaning days" too.
Well, some words about me now. I left gymnasium #4 in Baranovichi that has earned quite a reputation in this country due to the results shown by its students. I don't think I am the best student, of course, but I tried hard to do my best to prepare for entrance examinations. I have always liked languages, English in particular. And that's why I decided to choose this very specialty. All the members of my family, including my cat, approve of my choice. I hope I'll do well at examinations.
2. Do you get on with your siblings/grandparents?

3. What questions will you ask a British teenager about his/her family?

4. What can you advise people who want to have a good relationship with theis parents and granparents?

5. You want to introduce a new tradition into your family. What kind of tradition will it be? 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий